5.11 Tactical Debuts New Apparel and Accessories at 2015 NSSF SHOT Show
Newly Unveiled Products Combine Precision Engineering with Innovative Designs to Help Operators Excel in a Wide Range of Operational and Recreational Settings
SHOT Show (Booth #13162), LAS VEGAS (Jan. 20, 2015)—5.11 Tactical®, the global innovator of tactical apparel, gear and accessories, today announced several new additions to its purpose-built apparel and accessory lines. From a rugged and reliable backpack, to perhaps the most durable and versatile apparel on the market, the new 5.11 Tactical products offer the ultimate in form and function for life’s most demanding missions.
“Our new apparel is multifunctional, as each garment is built to handle demanding situations, while offering comfort and style for day-to-day wear,” said 5.11 Tactical CEO Tom Davin. “Our latest range of accessories— which features new knives and flashlights among other products—have gear options well suited for those in uniform and individuals living the tactical lifestyle.”
The newest additions to the 5.11 Tactical apparel collection include:
- Stryke Shirt and Short—the Stryke shirt and short follow the success of 5.11 Tactical’s popular Stryke pant and feature innovative fabric that offer excellent fit, flexibility and style. The shirt is constructed with low profile detail and patented document pockets, with a Teflon® finish, which helps ensure stain and soil resistance. The short features 12 low profile storage pockets, which include internal magazine pockets, Flex-Tac® fabric finished with Teflon and a gusseted crotch for all day comfort and improved range of motion. (Stryke Shirt: $84.99 MSRP; available in Black, Khaki, Storm, TDU Green, Tundra and Dark Navy; shirt is available in Tall sizes; Stryke Short: $74.99 MSRP; available in Black, Khaki, Dark Navy, TDU Green and Tundra).
- Covert Flex Shirt—an ideal mix of casual and functional, the new Covert shirt is a contemporary concealed carry garment made from a cotton/polyester blend in an updated fit. This fabric blend wicks away perspiration, providing a cool and dry alternative. The Covert Flex Shirt is built with two- way mechanical stretch for a precise fit and is equipped with 5.11’s RAPIDrawTM placket for instant access to a concealed sidearm. Additionally, the Covert shirt delivers a complementary style to 5.11 Tactical’s Covert pant.(Covert Shirt Flex Double Chest Pocket: $74.99 MSRP; available in Volcanic, Agave and Silver Pine; Covert Shirt Single Chest Pocket: $74.99 MSRP; available in Fatigue, Gridiron and Tarheel)
- Pinnacle Polo—a lightweight option for hot and humid conditions, the Pinnacle Polo is built with 100% snag resistant polyester that offers a breathable, lightweight, fade resistant shirt option for everyday wear. The polo’s innovative fabric is moisture wicking, quick drying and antimicrobial. The rotated seams on the shoulder and sides allow for wear under plate carriers and ballistic vests, providing a less bulky and more comfortable fit. Designed with functionality in mind, the polo features a double pen pocket on the left sleeve and a sunglass loop at the base of the placket. ($47.99 MSRP; available in Charcoal, Black, Fatigue, Range Red, Nautical and Dark Navy)
5.11 Tactical’s new accessories and bag collection include:
- Covert Boxpack—a lightweight option for speed and agility, the Covert Boxpack is the first roll top pack from 5.11, designed with a TacTec System® to provide rapid access to a sidearm. The Boxpack is constructed from 1680D ballistic polyester with a water resistant finish to ensure maximum protection of belongings. Side pockets, equipped with YKK zippers and Duraflex hardware, are made from elastic rendition straps for magazine storage. ($109.99 MSRP; available in Black, Storm and Tundra)
- DTP (Drop in the Pocket) Knife—The DTP Knife is a pocket-friendly lockback with our new low-ride reversible pocket clip and skeletonized FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon) handles that reveal the accent colored steel liners. Ergonomic textured handles provide excellent control and the AUS8 drop point blade handles a multitude of cutting tasks. The DTP’s blade has a subdued Storm grey TEFLON finish and ambidextrous thumb hole. ($42.99 MSRP; available in Black, Phlox, Viridian and Scope Orange)
- TPTTM (Tactical Polymer Torch) EDC Light—This handy powerhouse is sure to become a favorite for those looking for a convenient illumination tool. Just 3.25 inches long as well as impact and water resistant, the TPT EDC Light fits in the smallest spaces but packs a bright 91 Lumen output and runtime of nearly five hours. Its lightweight polymer body has TPR (Thermal Plastic Rubber) overmolding and integral lanyard/keychain attachment points and a removable spring steel pocket clip. Perfect as a back-up on the job, in the glove box, backpack or go-bag. Includes 2 AAA batteries. ($22.99 MSRP; available in Black, Traffic Yellow and Sandstone)For more information on the new 5.11 Tactical apparel and accessories, stop by the company’s booth (#13162) at the 2015 NSSF SHOT Show.Media interested in learning more about 5.11 Tactical should contact email@example.com. To find a store where products can be purchased, use the 5.11 Tactical store locator.
About 5.11 Tactical
With offices globally, 5.11 Tactical collaborates directly with end users/operators to create purpose-built apparel and gear designed specifically to enhance the safety, accuracy speed and performance of first responders worldwide. 5.11 Tactical products exceed rigorous and exacting standards, which have allowed the brand to establish a reputation for innovation and authenticity, and cement itself as the premier choice for Duty-Driven professionals. Learn more about 5.11’s best-selling tactical gear and accessories at www.511tactical.com. Connect with 5.11 Tactical on Facebook, #511tactical, Twitter @511Tactical and on Instagram @511Tactical.